NHS - Access to Health Clerk
|Rate||£12.00 per hour|
|Duration||6 months initially|
|Contract Type||Project Solutions|
|Do you need a DBS?||No|
Full Job Details
To assist as required the two Senior Access to Health Collating Case Workers and undertake all necessary administration associated with the collation and processing of paper and electronic health records for disclosure.
Main duties will include:
- To be able to Identify the necessary clinicians with who they will then approach to seek consent to release the records via the information held on the Trust PAS system (Meditech 5 & 6) and /or clinical records.
- Requesting and chasing of statements from Clinicians
- Monitor SAR cases for any outstanding information and the chasing of these
- Photocopying, scanning and filing of health records and other documents
- Printing of collated records at the request of the Senior Case Workers
- Liaise with Clinicians and external agencies/ police via the telephone or via email
- Sending of Radiology Images via IEP as instructed by a Senior Case Worker
- Retrieving of new case pack for collating
- Updating of Teams and Meditech ROI system accordingly
- arching of all closed case packs
- Order, collect and check radiology images. Print out and/or save radiology reports.
- On the instruction from a Senior Case Worker ensuring copies of the Health records are always sent or provided to the requestor securely and in keeping with Trust Policy. All methods, dates and times of distribution must be recorded and filed including postal tracking references to enable follow up or production of evidence if a receipt is disputed
- 2 Senior Case Worker
- Medical Records Team, Access to Health Records Team, Radiology, Medical photography
- Information Governance Team
- Clinical Claims Team
- Members of the Public
- The Police
- Local Authorities
Essential Skills / Knowledge
- Previous NHS experience Ideally in a Health Records setting. (must understands the patient’s journey)is desirable but not essential..
- Knowledge and skills in the use of the Trust paper and electronic Health records systems
- Good IT skills (must be able to use Teams / Outlook / NHS.net/ excel/ Word)
- PAS user
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Accurate inputting of data
- Concentration is required when taking, checking and giving information
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Working within agreed guidelines to set timescales
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the need for attention to detail to ensure the quality of data.
- Ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and deal with a number of different tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the need for confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with disclosure of Health Records.
- Ability to manage sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Some exposure to distressing or emotional circumstances
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (www.safer-jobs.com) a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.