NHS - Senior Procurement Officer
|Rate||Dependent upon experience|
|Contract Type||Project Solutions|
|Do you need a DBS?||No|
Full Job Details
We are looking for a Procurement Officer to support an NHS Trust in Wales.
Reporting to the ICT Business Support Manager you will work as part of a busy team providing specialist ICT procurement services and advice to key stakeholders within the Health Board.
Key responsibilities will include the following;
- Leading on specialist procurement and tendering exercises
- Negotiation of contract renewals
- Assistance with financial management of the Informatics function in order to assist Heads of Service to deliver the Health Boards Integrated Medium Term Plan.
- Provide expert knowledge of professional purchasing principles of ICT equipment
- Demonstrate expertise in EU procurement and contract management regulations
- Carry out complex ICT procurements for high value contracts
- Use appropriate methods to evaluate tendering exercises and demonstrate value for money in accordance with health board guidelines
- Interpret complex financial information and make decisions based on this information.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (www.safer-jobs.com) a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.