Project Manager - NHS
|Rate||£29.44 per hour via Umbrella|
|Do you need a DBS?||No|
Full Job Details
Project Manager working for large NHS Trust for a 12 week contract based in Birmingham working 8-4 shift with some occasional travel to other trust sites.
- The post holder will be responsible for specific projects within the Estates Capital Programme on both the Community Hospital Sites and the Community Sites, and will support the delivery of the Estates Strategy, managing multi- strand projects and physical environment to match the service strategic needs.
- As part of this varied and challenging role, you will be professionally responsible for the complete Project Management from inception to completion of minor Capital & other Projects for the Trust and other clients as required.
- The preferred candidate will assist in space utilisation projects to reduce the Estate and maximise the utilisation. You will also be involved in mobilisations for new contracts along with assisting, where necessary, with Capital Programmes.
- Other duties encompass feasibility studies, design, programming, financial management of schemes, property inspections and the supervision and co-ordination of external consultants, contractors & site inspectors. The preferred candidate will communicate with, and provide expert professional advice to key stakeholders of the Trust in order to determine/advise on scheme briefs, budgets, timescales and logistics. You will also ensure that projects are procured to the appropriate professional, technical & quality standards as well as ensuring that all schemes maintain a patient focus.
- This is an exciting and varied opportunity to deliver capital projects as part of an in-house Estates team that delivers excellent value and quality of service within the NHS.
- Deliver Capital Projects in line with the allocated budgets.
- Responsible for the commissioning / appointing and direct management / supervision of various construction / healthcare professionals, including; Project Managers, Design Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Structural Engineers, Computer Design Management (CDM) Co-Ordinators, Legal Advisors etc. as appropriate for each scheme.
- Responsible for the delivery of each project in line with the agreed timescales and in line with the expected safety and quality standards.
include dealing with multiple complex tasks simultaneously. The information
will need to be sensitively communicated to a number of stakeholders of a wide
and varying demographic and will include:
- Organising and chairing meetings
- Presenting and managing sensitive and litigious information, such as financial claims with contractors, consultants and legal representatives.
- Presenting project information to various boards, senior management groups, user groups and external stakeholders.
- Articulate the users requirement into language suitable for construction professionals.
- Act as arbiter between the various stakeholders in order to manage expectations and achieve the most beneficial outcome.
- Liaise with Commissioners, patient groups, Local Authorities in order to negotiate the most suitable solution for all parties.
- Balance the complex needs of the service with the conflicting demands such as time and funding.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of structured planning and sound resource management skills in the development of strategic plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Multi-tasking skills across numerous clients, including non-NHS bodies on construction and management related issues.
- Excellent computer skills, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, CAD- CAM systems
- Excellent communication , negotiating and presentation skills
- Excellent financial management Skills.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (www.safer-jobs.com) a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.