Digital Pathology Project Manager
|Rate||Dependent upon experience|
|Do you need a DBS?||No|
Full Job Details
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead and deliver a Digital Pathology solution across the North West region which will span Acute Trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups, as well as Local Authorities.
This piece of work represents a significant
opportunity to develop a new diagnostic model which will deliver sustainable
benefits and act as a platform for cost effective approaches to diagnostics
that can be extended to other tumour groups and diseases for the 2.6m
The main objectives of the project and advantages to patients in North West of implementing this digital pathology proof of concept are:
• Equity of access for all patients to the specialist support and expertise available in laboratories across the Network
• Availability of peer support for pathologists to facilitate early diagnosis
• Developing an efficient process for the referral and discussion of patients at multidisciplinary meetings
• Creation of a platform for implementing advances in diagnostic technology in the future
• Creating a platform for distributing the ‘routine’ workload of cellular pathology laboratories between centres, mitigating imbalances between workload and capacity in individual laboratories that are currently managed by employing locums or outsourcing.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent
interpersonal skills with the ability to visibly demonstrate their drive and enthusiasm to
gain a more detailed understanding of the business operating environment and
Individuals will be required to travel as part of their role, to other NHS sites as part of the PMO service that is delivered, spans across 7 laboratories throughout the North West.Previous NHS experience plus a knowledge of Pathology is preferable for this role.