Information Security Engineer
|Do you need a DBS?||No|
Full Job Details
An Acute Trust in the North West is looking for an Information Security Specialist who understands and is able to provide advice on the security risks facing the Hospital's IT data.
This role will require excellent stakeholder and communication skills taking responsibility for supporting both the Trust as well as the Salford community and partner NHS organisations.
The primary aim is to ensure the highest standard of system availability with responsibilities including the following;
· Responsibility for the front line defence of the Trusts networks and data
· Analysing security risks and report on findings
· Development of plans to deal with incidents, ensuring best practice forensic processes are followed
· Attendance at Data Security Board and Information Governance Steering Group
· Provision of technical reports
· Implementation of an SIEM system
· Responsibility for the management of IT security systems
· Monitoring and escalation of abnormal activity on the network
· Regular testing of systems and advise/report on improving security
· Education of users and IT staff, providing expert advice on IT security developments and news
· Responsibility for penetration testing the Trust’s network and systems
· Responsibility for the management and testing of patching and security updates
Must have previous experience of supporting a busy and mission critical IT environment together with an expert knowledge of IT security industry developments. SIEM experience is preferable however not essential for this post.
This role may include the frequent handling of heavy objects which needs to be borne in mind when applying for this role.It would be advantageous to have worked within the NHS previously, however this is desirable.